- Registration now open for the Dorothy Schwartz Forum on Art, Science & The Humanities: Why Darwin Matters.
- Just a few slots left: apply now to bring Maine at Work to YOUR community!
- Announcing 2014 Letters About Literature winners.
- Maine Humanities receives a $150,000 grant from the NEH to develop and offer programming for veterans in Maine and nationwide
- Five communities awarded Local & Legendary: Maine in the Civil War grants.
- Maine Civil Rights Calendar: Maine organizations celebrate the anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Let's Talk Local—Join the conversation!
- Echoes of War: A Literature and Medicine Anthology is back in print.
Humanities on Demand [MHC podcasts: talks, interviews, readings]
An assortment of Community Resources, Publications, Maine & National Links we’re always adding to.
The Maine Humanities Council—a statewide nonprofit organization—enriches the lives of people in Maine through literature, history, philosophy, and culture. Our programs, events, grants, and online resources encourage critical thinking and conversation across social, economic, and cultural boundaries.