Maine Charitable Mechanics Association Hall
519 Congress Street, Portland
10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Doors open at 10:00 am
Each fall at the Schwartz Forum we bring people together to wrestle with a big idea. Each time, we invite leaders from a range of relevant fields and devise a schedule for the day that is particularly appropriate to the topic at hand.
The living question at the heart of the 2017 Forum invites active participation: this year’s leaders will be engaging us in a series of explorations of aspects of the question “How can we know?”
We’ll start with an hour of Doubt.
Devote the middle of the day to Curiosity.
And close with an hour of Trust.
(and there will be cake, too!)
[Click image to view larger]
- Seanna Annis, PhD, Associate Professor of Mycology (that’s the study of mushrooms—we had to ask too!), University of Maine School of Biology & Ecology
- Lindsey Bourassa, Founding Director, Bourassa Contemporary Flamenco Dance Studio
- Jonathan R. Cohen, PhD, Professor of Philosophy, University of Maine at Farmington
- Paul Han, MD, MA, MPH, Director, Center for Outcomes Research & Evaluation, Maine Medical Center
- Don Lindgren, Owner, Rabelais Fine Books on Food & Drink
Pay as you will … $9 – $49
Lunch included—and don’t forget about the cake!
If you’d like to order more than two tickets, please call Karen at 773-5051 and we can handle it in a single transaction over the phone.
If you prefer, you can also pay by check.