"How can we know?"
519 Congress Street, Portland
10:30 am - 4:30 pm
w/ Lunch and Cake
The Schwartz Forum brings people together with expert guides to explore a big idea.
This year we’ll explore the question how can we know? since it arises everywhere, for everyone.
Expert guides will share how they seek answers:
How can we know what our prognosis is when we’re ill?
what a cookbook can tell us about a place? how to
transmit emotions through dance? what’s making
spots on this blueberry leaf? how to talk about it all?
And there will be plenty of discussion time!
How do you know what you know?
We’d love you to join in.
- Seanna Annis, PhD, Associate Professor of Mycology (that’s the study of fungi—we had to ask too!), University of Maine School of Biology & Ecology
- Lindsey Bourassa, Founding Director, Bourassa Contemporary Flamenco Dance Studio
- Jonathan R. Cohen, PhD, Professor of Philosophy, University of Maine at Farmington
- Paul Han, MD, MA, MPH, Director, Center for Outcomes Research & Evaluation, Maine Medical Center
- Don Lindgren, Owner, Rabelais Fine Books on Food & Drink
Space is limited. Register now!
Pay as you will … $9 – $49
Lunch included—and don’t forget about the cake!
If you’d like to order more than two tickets, please call Karen at 773-5051 and we can handle it in a single transaction over the phone.
If you prefer, you can also pay by check.