Award notifications will be made starting
June 8, 2020
The Maine Humanities Council has invited Maine non-profit humanities and cultural organizations that are facing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus to apply for rapid-response relief grants of up to $7,500.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations include: museums, libraries, historic sites, preservation & historical societies, and community & cultural organizations with a significant humanities focus.
- Grants will support non-profit general operating expenses; matching funds are not required.
- Organizations serving and led by communities traditionally under-resourced in the humanities are encouraged to apply.
- Guidelines: CARES Act Grants
- Questions: FAQs and information session recording
- Application review by a panel of MHC staff and board members
- Notifications will be made starting June 8, 2020
Funding for these grants has been provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act economic stabilization plan