Funding available: $1,001 - $7,500
Offered once per year, MHC Major Grants distribute funding to non-profit organizations in Maine for larger humanities programs and projects – things like exhibits, films, conferences, initiatives – that have broad public outreach. We are excited to support programs and projects with rich, well-developed humanities content, strong participation from a scholar or topic expert, and robust support from partners in the community.
- Review: Major Grant Guidelines | Major Grant FAQs
- Complete: Application and Excel budget form
- Register: Information session
- Projects must begin no sooner than 8 weeks after the deadline.
- Applications reviewed by committee of MHC board members.
- Notification: Within 8 weeks of final submission.