Mini Grants: Deadline August 7
Mini Grants: up to $1,000
For projects that use the humanities to connect people across physical distance, whether they make use of digital technologies or use ways of connecting those without access to digital tools.
Upcoming Deadlines: August 7, 2020
- Download the application and Excel budget form.
- Your finished application and budget should be emailed to email@example.com with “Mini Grant” and the application deadline as your subject line.
- Project must begin no sooner than 8 weeks after the deadline.
- Review: Applications reviewed by MHC Grants Committee.
- Notification: Within 6 weeks of submission.
Arts & Humanities Grants: up to $1,000
Arts & Humanities grants, a partnership between the Maine Humanities Council and the Maine Arts Commission, support innovative community projects that have BOTH arts and humanities components.
Applications due: October 15, 2020
- Please apply through the Maine Arts Commission.
- Applicants must speak with Jerome Bennett from the MHC (207-773-5051) and Kerstin Gilg from the MAC (207-287-2724)—to make sure their project fits the guidelines.
- Review: Applications reviewed by committee from MHC and MAC.
Major Grants: $1,001 to $7,500
Support for a variety of larger humanities projects such as exhibits, conferences, films, and other initiatives. Major grant projects have well-developed thematic content, broad public outreach, and strong scholar participation.
Final applications: January 31, 2021
Draft applications: December 1, 2020
Our draft review process is an opportunity to receive feedback from staff and strengthen your proposal prior to the January 31 deadline. While we welcome drafts after December 1, we can only guarantee a review to those submitted prior to the deadline.
- Application form available November 2020
- Excel budget form.
- Your finished application and budget should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Grant” and the application deadline as your subject line.
- Projects must begin no sooner than 8 weeks after the deadline.
- Review: Applications reviewed by committee of MHC board members.
- Notification: Within 6 weeks of final submission.