Supporting projects that encourage a deeper understanding of ourselves and others, foster wisdom in an age of information, and provide context in a time of change.
Mini Grants: up to $1,000
- November 13, 2018
**Applications submitted on or by November 13 are currently being processed and applicants can expect a notifications via mail in the next few weeks. Thank you for the patience.
Major Grants: $1,001 to $7,500
Deadlines: Optional draft due December 3, 2018; final due January 30, 2019
Support for a variety of larger humanities projects such as exhibits, conferences, films, and other initiatives.
Major grant projects have well-developed thematic content, broad public outreach, and strong scholar participation. The maximum allowed award of $7,500 is available only for exemplary projects under extraordinary circumstances.
- Download Word application and Excel budget form. Finished application and budget should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Major grant applicants may submit a draft application if they wish. it is not required and is not used as a screening process. Our committee will review it and, if appropriate, offer suggestions for improvement. Send draft application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the draft deadline.
- Projects must begin no sooner than 8 weeks after the deadline.
- Review: Applications reviewed by committee of MHC board members.
- Notification: Within 6 weeks of final submission.