Inspiring us to think, feel, remember, imagine, and relate to the lives of fellow Mainers
a community initiative
Because we are all living different versions of the same story
Consider This is a community initiative that taps into the power of transformational storytelling by fostering discussions around pop-up exhibits.
How do we do this?
- We partner with a variety of organizations to form a planning team within a community that will plan and execute a series of pop-up exhibits through meaningful community partnerships.
- The planning team works within their community to find a featured story-teller and 2 local artists.
- Storytellers share stories of healing and resilience with artists
- Artists interprets the storyteller story and produce 3 – 5 pieces to display for the event series
- We showcase the art in a 3 part series and foster transformational conversations
Why we are doing this
- To foster strengthened community connectedness in the communities we serve.
- To work collaboratively with communities and bring together multiple disciplines.
- To foster important and powerful community discussions
3-part event series
- Opening Exhibit and conversation with featured story-teller
- Exhibit & Discussion w/1 artist, featured story-teller, general audience
- Exhibit & Discussion w/ remaining artist, featured story-teller, general audience
The Day of the Event
- 30 minute Audience views exhibit and network
- 30 minute Discussion between featured artist and host
- 30 minute Discussion between story-teller and host
- 30 minute Audience/artist/host circle reflection