Assisting nonprofit organizations in Maine to develop public projects
Supporting projects that encourage a deeper understanding of ourselves and others, foster wisdom in an age of information, and provide context in a time of change.
Major Grant applications have been reviewed and approved. You can expect a notification by March 21, 2019. We’re looking forward to working with our 2019 Major Grant cohort.
The MHC Grants Program assists Maine’s nonprofit organizations in developing community projects that incorporate one or more humanities disciplines. We are particularly interested in supporting projects that:
- Stimulate meaningful community dialogue,
- Attract diverse public audiences,
- Are participatory and engaging,
- Invite discovery of the humanities in interesting and exciting ways,
- Incorporate the guidance of humanities professionals,
- Are free, and
- Are collaborative.
Projects in rural areas and those that reach intergenerational audiences are also of particular interest.