For discussion: What makes a community? How do communities come together? How do we decide who belongs? How can we find our own place in our community? If we lose community, can we find it again?
Session 1: Coming Together
- The Other Side by Jacqueline Woodson
- A Symphony of Whales by Steve Schuch
- Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman
Session 2: Who Belongs?
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli
- The Man Who Lived Alone by Donald Hall
- The Friendship by Mildred Taylor
Session 3: Losing and Finding
- Roxaboxen by Alice McLerran
- Letting Swift River Go by Jane Yolen
- Two Old Women by Velma Wallis